DSE 英文 Paper 2 – 寫 Debate Speech 要注意什麼?
- Begin with a greeting…
- …but don’t go on too long
- Make your position clear at the beginning of the debate speech
- Use the first person ‘I/we’ to refer to the speaker/the speaker’s team, ‘you’ the audience
- consider and refute the points made by the team he is arguing against.
- Use persuasive language (Emotive Vocabulary)
- Use persuasive language (Authority)
- Use persuasive language (Tricolons – the power of three)
- Use P.E.E.
- End on a strong note – Restate the main theme of your speech and repeat your opinion
DSE 英文作文體材 – Debate Speech 題目 1-5
- The Hong Kong government is considering increasing the amount of foreign aid it gives to other countries. Many people disagree with this proposal. Write a debate speech in favour of the proposal.
- In response to a rise in the number of young people dying in car crashes, the Hong Kong government has decided to increase the driving age to 21. Write a debate speech arguing against this decision.
- It is healthy eating week at your school. There is going to be a debate about whether people should be vegetarians or not. Write a debate speech arguing in favour of either side.
- Write a debate speech arguing in favour of banning prayer in schools.
- Write a debate speech arguing for the important of history lessons in schools.
DSE 英文作文體材 – Debate Speech 題目 6-10
- Scientists in Hong Kong are experimenting with cloning humans. Write a debate speech, arguing either for or against these experiments.
- The Hong Kong government is considering reducing school holidays. Write a debate speech arguing against reducing school holidays.
- Hong Kong airport are planning the construction of another runway, which will increase air traffic by 30%. Write a debate speech arguing either for or against the planned runway.
- Your school is considering abolishing grades for students. Write a debate speech arguing against abolishing grades.
- New advances in science have allowed parents to choose the sex of their baby. Many people consider this unnatural and wrong. Write a debate speech arguing either for or against.
DSE 英文作文 Debate Speech 實用開頭句子
- I am here to argue for / against the motion…
- I would like to put the argument for the affirmative side of the motion…
- We are here to argue the motion…and I intend to argue against it.
DSE 英文作文 Debate Speech 提出自己立場實用句子:
- The reason I believe that [smoking should be banned] is simple.
- Let me begin by saying…
- Allow me to outline my argument…
- If you will indulge me, I’d like to tell you about…
DSE 英文作文 Debate Speech 反駁對方實用句子:
- Our opponents would have use believe x, but they are mistaken.
- It might seem logical to accept the opposing argument, but in fact it is deeply flawed
- My opponents might argue that … , but such reasoning is faulty.
DSE 英文作文 Debate Speech 提供原因證明自己立場實用句子:
- The reason I think this is…
- The evidence clearly suggests that…
- One of the reasons I’m convinced of this is…
- There can be no clearer evidence of this than…
- There is ample evidence to suggest why this is the case.
Other popular courses
Vocabulary.com – 這個網站可以提供正確英文字的發音，學英文新字有用
Skell – 這個網站可以找到一些詞語的同義詞，令作文有多一點變化