DSE 英文 – 寫 Two-sided Argumentative Essay 要注意什麼?
- Set the context in the introduction
- Don’t repeat the words of the question
- Say you’ll talk about both sides of the argument
- Use PEE in the body paragraphs
- Be specific – give concrete examples
- Get the connectors right
- Use conditionals
- Give equal weight to both sides of the argument
- Keep it formal
- Give your opinion in the conclusion
DSE 英文作文體材 – Two-sided Argumentative Essay 題目 1-5
- The Department of Health is considering making smoking illegal. Write a two-sided argument, detailing the positive and negative aspects of doing so.
- Write a two-sided argument detailing the positive and negative aspects of testing medicines on animals.
- The Hong Kong government is considering funding an international space expedition to Mars. Consider the negative and positive aspects of this and construct a two-sided argument.
- A magazine about video games has asked you to write a two-sided argument on the subject of whether video games are too violent. Write this argument.
- Your school is considering blocking YouTube on its computers. Think about the positives and negatives of blocking YouTube, and write a two-sided argument.
DSE 英文作文體材 – Two-sided Argumentative Essay 題目 6-9
- Your school is considering making PE a compulsory subject until the age of 18. Write a two-sided, balanced argument that weighs up the positives and negatives.
- Your school is considering abolishing homework. Write a two-sided argument that weighs up the positives and negatives of abolishing homework.
- Write a two-sided, balanced argument that weighs up the positives and negatives of students having an after-school job.
- The Hong Kong government is considering reducing the drinking age. Consider the positives and negatives and write a balanced, two-sided argument on this issue.
- Recently, Hong Kong students have been getting into trouble with the police for bullying comments they have written online. Some say online comments should be protected as free speech. Others say that bullying should never be tolerated. Write a two-sided, balanced argument that considers both sides of the issue.
DSE 英文作文 Two-sided Argumentative Essay 實用開頭句子
- Nowadays, it’s increasingly common to see…
- In recent years there has been an alarming increase in…
- It cannot have escaped anyone’s notice that…
- In this essay I examine both opinions and give my view.
- In this essay, I will assess both points of view before coming to a conclusion.
DSE 英文作文 Two-sided Argumentative Essay 如何表達 ‘for’ 的意見:
- On the one hand, some people contend…
- A persuasive argument in favour of x is…
- Defenders of x argue that….
- The evidence to support the view that … is overwhelming
DSE 英文作文 Two-sided Argumentative Essay 如何提及另一方意見:
- Although some critics might argue…
- The arguments above notwithstanding, we have to say that…
- Of course, it’s possible to say that…
- Whilst it’s true to say…, we nevertheless have to maintain…
- Opponents of x argue that…
DSE 英文作文 Two-sided Argumentative Essay 提供例子好用句子:
- For instance
- For example
- … such as…
- Some evidence for this suggestion is…
- This can be seen in…
- This theory is confirmed by the evidence.