DSE 英文 – 寫 One-sided Argumentative Essay 要注意什麼?
1. Set the context in the introduction
2. Don’t repeat the words of the question
3. State your position at the end of the first paragraph
4. Use PEE in the body paragraphs
5. Be specific – give concrete examples
6. Get the connectors right
7. Use conditionals
8. Recognise the opposite point of view
9. Keep it formal
10. In conclusion, don’t repeat yourself
DSE 英文作文體材 – One-sided Argumentative Essay 題目 1-5
1. In a recent newspaper article, a journalist argued that ‘homework should be optional, not compulsory’. Write an essay in which you either agree or disagree with this view.
2. Your school is going to hold a debate on the issue of testing on animals. Write an essay in which you give your opinions of whether it is ethically acceptable to use animals to test such products as medications and cosmetics.
3. Some countries insist that young men spend a period of time serving in the armed forces, whilst others do not see this as necessary. Write an essay in which you discuss the advantages and disadvantages of compulsory military service.
4. ‘New architecture should fit in with the prevailing style of a city.’ Write an essay in which you agree or disagree with this view.
5. You are working as an intern for a famous politician. He has asked you to write an essay outlining the causes of pollution in the SAR and giving suggestions about what can be done to combat it. Write the essay.
DSE 英文作文體材 – One-sided Argumentative Essay 題目 6-9
- Your teacher has asked your class to debate the issue of smoking in public places. The title of the motion is ‘smoking in public places should be banned’. To prepare for the debate she has asked you to write an essay that examines the reasons why smoking should be banned. Write the essay.
- Recently you read an article that claimed that ‘the way young people spend their free time nowadays is less productive than fifty years ago.’ When you told your teacher that you didn’t think this characterisation was fair she told you to write an essay giving reasons for your belief. Write the essay.
- ‘Celebrities welcome publicity so they can’t complain if newspapers publish their photos without their consent.’ Write an essay in which you agree or disagree with this view.
- In your social studies class you have been discussing what can be done to tackle the problem of global warming. Some people say that society needs to take tough action on the issue, whilst others claim that society should make the economy its number one priority. Write an essay giving your opinion on the issue.
- You recently heard a politician say that the state ‘should not excessively legislate on drugs and alcohol because the people themselves have the common sense to think these issues through sensibly.’ Write an essay in which you agree or disagree with this view.
DSE 英文作文 One-sided Argumentative Essay 實用開頭句子
- Nowadays, it’s increasingly common to see…
- In recent years there has been an alarming increase in…
- It cannot have escaped anyone’s notice that…
- In this essay I examine both opinions and give my view.
- In this essay, I will assess both points of view before coming to a conclusion.
DSE 英文作文 One-sided Argumentative Essay 如何表達意見:
- On the one hand, some people contend…
- A persuasive argument in favour of x is…
- Defenders of x argue that….
- The evidence to support the view that … is overwhelming
DSE 英文作文 One-sided Argumentative Essay 如何提及另一方意見:
- Although some critics might argue…
- The arguments above notwithstanding, we have to say that…
- Of course, it’s possible to say that…
- Whilst it’s true to say…, we nevertheless have to maintain…
- Opponents of x argue that…
DSE 英文作文 One-sided Argumentative Essay 提供例子好用句子:
- For instance
- For example
- … such as…
- Some evidence for this suggestion is…
- This can be seen in…
- This theory is confirmed by the evidence.